Types of Data collected
Effective on 01 January 2022
This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you may include the following:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact The MarTech Laboratory or sign up to our email alerts
- your name
- telephone numbers
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Third party cookies
We use third party cookies, including Google Analytics, to collect information about how you use martech-laboratory.com. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
This includes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on martech-laboratory.com
- how long you spend on each martech-laboratory.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through analytics information (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
Why we need your data
We collect information to see how you use the site and our digital services.
We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example, improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about The MarTech Laboratory services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All data is encrypted during transit over an SSL protected connection and stored using secure data storage technologies.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about the security of our App, you can contact us at email@example.com
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We comply with the principles of GDPR, encompassing lawfulness, fairness and transparency, purpose limitation, data minimisation, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity and confidentiality (security), and accountability.
We have a lawful basis for collecting and using personal data for purposes of contract and legitimate research purpose interests. We do not do anything with the data in breach of any other laws. We use personal data in a way that is fair. We have set out clear purposes for processing data. We only collect personal data we actually need for our specified purposes. We have sufficient personal data to fulfil those purposes properly. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal data we hold is not incorrect or misleading as to any matter of fact. If we discover that personal data is incorrect or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct or erase it as soon as possible. We will not keep personal data for longer than needed. If you wish to cancel your newsletter subscription or request that we no longer use your information you can opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We use appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data we hold. This includes secure data storage technologies and the encryption of data during transit.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger.
We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, The MarTech Laboratory will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last update on 12 March 2022.